Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween

Gabby had such a fun Halloween this year. For some reason, she ended up having a lot of costume choices. It was completely unintentional. 

Queen of Hearts: The tutu is made of black, red, white and shiny gold tulle tied to a red ribbon and elastic. The hearts are cut out of felt and ironed on using this mesh glue sheet - I totally forget what it's called. Some nice ladies at Joann's helped me because I had no idea how I was going to get the hearts to stay on the tulle. Gabby had a white onesie with a heart outline already on it so I wanted to sew a red heart inside of it. The red cape was an impulse buy because the fabric was on sale and I had an additional 20% off coupon that was too hard to resist. I just cut a few holes and weaved ribbon through - no sewing required. I made Gabby's wand by hot gluing red ribbon around a wooden dowel and topped it off with felt hearts, tulle and some black and red ribbon. It's a little hard to see in the picture below but she has a small crown that she got as a prize at Chuck E. Cheese last year. I hot glued a tiny felt heart right on it. Here is my little pint-sized Queen. Off with his head!




The Wonderland Crew: (From Left to Right) My husband and me as Tweedle Dee and Dum (or we can double as Hot Dog on a Stick employees), the Queen, my cousin as Alice and her boyfriend as the Mad Hatter.



Chargers Cheerleader: Gabby received this outfit as a birthday gift last year. On Halloween morning, I was getting Gabby ready for storytime and came across this hanging in her closet so decided to let her wear it. I almost completely forgot we had it. I wore a jersey to match her. Here is Gabby holding a plush pink football and one of her favorite books, "Brown Bear Brown Bear, What Do You See?"



Busy Little Bee: I pieced together this outfit from a few different places and I wasn't really looking for it at all. The tutu was a gift Gabby received earlier this year from Crazy 8. The shirt and headband was on clearance at Gymboree so I had to get it with a gift card I had. The wings were from the 99 Only store when I went looking for birthday party supplies. Here is my little bee sans wings in front of the house. She is exactly the same height as the scarecrow.



With wings:



I just noticed that Gabby isn't smiling in any of the pictures above. I must have caught her in a reflective moment. Here's one of her laughing while rolling around in candy at the end of the night. She loved Trick-or-Treating!


No comments:

Post a Comment