Sunday, November 13, 2011

Random Acts of Service

So I ended up at a craft store again. Really, there's more to me than just crafting, but lately that's all it seems I do. With the events and holidays coming up, somehow I wind up needing a thing or two. Gabby loves going with me too. She follows me up and down the aisles and plays with the little trinkets and toys along the way. If you didn't know, you can pick up toys and art supplies (Melissa & Doug, Crayola arts, etc.) for a steal by using their weekly 40-50% off one item coupon, sometimes add on an additional 25% off coupon.

Here's a camera phone video of her playing at a previous trip to Joann's. 



Gabby Loves to Stack Anything:







































Anyway, Michael's had a 25% off everything coupon that was expiring so I went to look for ideas for my parents' anniversary party next Saturday. I couldn't find anything for the party, but ended up picking up a wooden stool to personalize for Gabby. Hopefully I get a chance to work on that project soon so I can share with you.

There were about five people waiting in line to pay. There was a woman in front of me with two carts full of Christmas silk flowers and rolls of cotton. We got to talking and it turns out she does holiday displays for grocery stores. I reached in my purse and pulled out an extra 25% off coupon to discretely give to her. She was so happy and mad at the same time. She was thrilled I was saving her money but mad at herself for not knowing about coupons here. Just the day before she bought FOUR carts worth of stuff. Ouch.

I give out coupons to random people all the time and wonder if the store employees are giving me the side-eye. I figure printing out a few more coupons on a page isn't a big deal but it could help someone who needs it. The only thing is sometimes I feel like a creeper striking up conversations with random strangers. Would you be weirded out if someone came up to you with coupons in hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment