Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Taking a Sick Day

With the sudden dip in temperature, Gabby somehow caught a cold. Poor thing keeps sniffling all day and wiping her nose. Last night was especially rough. She kept waking up and crying out, "Nose, Mama!" I stayed with her all night and helped her get comfortable and tucked back in. It's tough seeing your little one not feeling well.

I was planning on taking us out today but I thought it would be best to stay home and cuddle on the couch. We colored, did some hand print art, played with her doll house, read books and watched "Caillou". There's only so much you can do at home though, so I hope Gabby feels well enough to go outside tomorrow.

Oh, last night when we were playing hide and seek upstairs, we heard Gabby count to ten slowly and clearly like she's always known how. She's counted up to fourteen before but it was in toddler speak and not that clear. My husband and I just looked at each other and laughed. She's repeating new words we say lately and just talking a lot more in general. I keep worrying that she is confused because I try to speak to her in two different languages. I'm glad her grandparents are around to reinforce a second language because I'm totally rusty.

Anyways, time to clean up the living room before Gabby wakes up from her nap. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment