Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hello to 2012 and Many New Firsts

Typical of Southern California, the weather turned warm and kick started my allergies. It evolved into a full blown cold and I was down for the count the first week of the year. Besides a lingering cough, I'm beginning to feel like my old self again and can't wait to catch up on all my posts.

Where to start. My brother gave us Lakers tickets so we took Gabby to her very first professional sporting event. Her favorite part was seeing all the Lakers Girls. She would stand up and dance along with them. Towards the end of fourth quarter, Gabby got a little bored so I let her watch videos on my phone. Otherwise, she did relatively well and sat on our laps the whole time.

Me and Little G at the Staples Center:



Spending Christmas Day with World Peace (the basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest):



Another first. Gabby attended her very first New Year's Eve party dressed in her warmest pajamas. We said we would leave our friend's house the moment Gabby showed signs of wariness but she was partying like it was 1999. She and her buddy, Isaiah, had a blast playing, dancing and running around until past midnight. We are normally pretty strict on her bedtime but took an exception since she was being extra good and did not melt down once. It took several nights afterwards to get her back on her sleeping schedule again but it was worth it for the smiles and memories.


Gabby & Isaiah holding hands:


What else. Oh yes. Another first. A couple of days ago, I discovered this.

Girl with the Scribbled Tattoo:


When I saw Gabby, she looked up at me smiling so proudly of the artwork she drew on her hand and said, "Look, Mama, happy face!" Apparently she also tried drawing a "ho ho" which is a pirate on her left thigh and an "O" on her right thigh. The markings on the bottom of her feet were "oopsies". I asked her what happened to her shirt and she said "dropped it" - meaning she dropped the pen by accident. Right.

In the corner of my eye saw this. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I may have done a little of both.

Sad Face :(



It was completely my fault for forgetting I had a mini sharpie in my bag. I had it in the inside zipped up pocket of my bag under my bed. Most of the markings on the monogrammed leather came off but the tan leather on the side and bottom is done for. I think I made it worse trying to scrub it off. Sigh.

All I can say is that kids are fast and when you think you baby proofed enough, you really haven't. During Gabby's birthday party a few months ago, I set my camera down on the table for a second but didn't push it in far enough. Gabby reached up to grab it and it dropped. The latch for the battery and SD card broke but the camera works just fine. I haven't had time to fix it so just used tape to secure it.



I'm going to look very cool pulling out a taped up camera from my now one of a kind purse. So many firsts in a short period of time. I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of 2012. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment